MARKETING ASSISTANT (Full Time – Summer)
We are looking for an energetic, passionate individual to work alongside our Artistic Director this summer to plan and put into motion our annual marketing strategy. This is a fantastic opportunity for a budding entrepreneur to learn the ins and outs of social media and print marketing, and work in a fun, positive, fast paced environment! Fill out an application today!
*Our summer job positions are funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program and therefore, participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Temporary full time
- 30 hours/week (schedule flexible)
- June 27th until August 26th
- Work remote & in studio
The employee will work directly alongside the Artistic Director on the following:
- Creating and implementing a full year strategic marketing plan
- Conducting market research on social, print and news media engagement & reach targets
- Creating sales goals and marketing budgets
- Designing flyers, posters, e-newsletters and advertisements in accordance with our marketing plan
- Creating social media and website content (photos, videos, contests, blogs etc)
- Copywriting for various posts and press releases
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Working knowledge of social media marketing
- Familiar with graphic design & marketing programs such as Canva & Mailchimp
- You get to work for a fun, inspiring nonprofit organization and help make a positive impact on our community!
- Supportive team that encourages mentorship & growth opportunities
- Consistent scheduling