Sunshine on a Cloudy Day - Pandemic Postcards
In honour of this year’s extra special GIVING TUESDAY, here’s a little glimpse into our non profit arts org versus pandemic story, which was featuredon PBS and Eastlink as part of Making Things Count: Pandemic Postcards, brought to you by the incredible Windecker Road Films and starring some pretty fantastic AWH kids!
We have come a LONG way since this was filmed, so here’s a quick little breakdown of how we have been able to Make Things Count since filming this in May 2020, COVID-style;
- Through careful planning and meticulous research, we were one of the FIRST places in Norfolk to re-open for summer camp programming. Our summer campers had a BLAST!
- We re-structured our studio space, modified all our programming and teaching methods in order to continue offering the same high quality arts classes SAFELY (i.e our classroom layout now features physically distanced individual work stations, our class sizes are capped at 10 etc)
- Created MORE opportunities for people who are staying safe at home to engage with us with our Monthly Subscription Art Box (which includes all supplies to make 3+ arts activities, tutorial videos & step by step instructions from our creative instructing artist team!
- Pivoted to offering Virtual Birthday Parties and Corporate Workshops
- Upgraded our website to make it easier for people to REGISTER FOR CLASSES AND SHOP WITH US ONLINE!
- and last (but certainly NOT least) created and implemented the Get Cre8ive Scholarship and Corporate Sponsorship Program to more provide opportunities for Families with financial need or are experiencing other barriers to accessing arts education.
…and we are FAR from done. We have so much more to do and we are just getting started. But we need YOUR help!
This GIVING TUESDAY, please consider helping us continue doing what we do best – Inspiring and empowering Norfolk County youth and beyond to GET CRE8IVE, while spreading messages of kindness, resilience and positivity.
Investing in an annual membership supports day-to-day operations, while also keeping you engaged and connected with the work that we do here at Art with Heart Studio!
For just $30, you will be contributing to our mission of positively impacting the lives of youth in our community, and promoting inclusive, accessible, barrier-free arts education. And to THANK YOU for your continued support, we will give you more fun opportunities to engage with us!
Included in your 2020/2021 Annual Membership at Art with Heart Studio:
- AWH Swag Bracelet
- Exclusive early bird registration for pop-up events, workshops and camps (this is an ESPECIALLY huge perk for our students families, since our class sizes are so small as per pandemic safety guidelines!)
- Invitation to our AGM