DAY CAMP COUNSELLOR (Full Time - Summer)
We’re currently looking for FOUR individuals with a passion for the arts to join our summer team as camp counsellors! Are you a creative, energetic individual who is interested in helping others find the joy in art? Do you love working with kids, being silly, and getting messy? If so, you might be a perfect fit for our team! Fill out an application today!
*Our summer job positions are funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program and therefore, participants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
- Temporary full time
- 35 hours/week
- Monday to Friday from June 26th until Sept 1st
- $16.50/hour (Camp Counsellors – 3 positions)
- $17.00/hour (Camp Leader – 1 position)
Working closely with the Camp Supervisor and fellow counsellors on the following:
- Creating itineraries for each weekly theme with unique, engaging, and educational arts activities
- Creating example pieces for planned activities
- Organizing the end-of-the-week art gallery to showcase the projects completed by the campers (in studio or virtual depending on the safety regulations required in the summer)
- Working with groups of children ages 4-12 in a day camp environment
- Maintaining a positive space where campers feel welcomed, safe, encouraged and free to unleash their creativity
- Carrying out day to day camp activities and games
- Supervising drop off and pick up
- Communicating with parents about their child’s day
- Overseeing the safety of the campers
- Supervising interactions between campers to maintain a positive camp environment
- Administering basic first aid and filling out injury & incident reports as necessary
- Maintaining positive relationships with parents and campers
- Using problem solving skills to quickly and efficiently resolve conflicts among campers
- Helping to support campers with special needs
- Maintaining a clean and organized work environment
- Ensuring all safety protocols are followed diligently
- Filling out daily reports & checklists
- A passion for working with kids
- Excellent leadership, time management and communication skills
- Independent & self-motivated
- Comfortable leading group arts activities using various visual arts and crafts mediums
- Experience leading groups of children (ages 1-13)
- Aged 18+ Must be willing to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- You get to work in a fun, inspiring workplace while making a positive impact on the youth in our community!
- Lots of opportunities to explore and learn about various artistic mediums
- Consistent scheduling
- Supportive team that encourages mentorship & growth opportunities